To promote and support patient-and family-centered care at [clinic] by personalizing, humanizing and demystifying the healthcare experience.
The PFAC strives to promote respectful, effective partnerships among patients, families
and healthcare professionals in the clinic/health system/community.
To actively promote and create new and unique opportunities for communication and
collaboration emphasizing responsible and personalized patient-and family-centered
The primary objectives of the PFAC are:
- To provide ongoing feedback that aids in establishing organizational priorities and in addressing patient service issues.
- To assist in promoting highly effective practices in response to patient/family needs and priorities.
- To improve the patient experience as measured by patient satisfaction survey scores, personal letters, and other data-gathering tools.
- To educate PFAC membership so they can become ambassadors to and for the [health system] and the community.
- To strengthen communication and collaboration among patients, families, caregivers and staff.
- To promote patient and family advocacy and involvement.
- Must be an active patient at the [clinic name]
- A member of the board may resign at anytime by submitting a written notification to the facilitator
- A member may be removed from the board if it is in the best interest of the PFAC, which will be determined by [clinic] staff involved with the board
- Board representation will be comprised of 1/3 staff and 2/3 clinic patients
Consistent effort shall be made to ensure the board membership reflects on diversity in
culture, gender and healthcare experiences found in our community.
- Share insights and information about their experiences in ways from which others can learn.
- See beyond their own experiences
- Show concern for more than one issue or agenda
- Respect the perspectives of others
- Speak comfortably and candidly in a group